League of Legends: Wild Rift Review!
“Dive into League of Legends: Wild Rift: the skills-and-strategy 5v5 MOBA experience of League of Legends by Riot Games, now built from the ground up for mobile. With smooth controls and fast-paced games, you can team up with friends, lock in your champion, and go for the big plays.
PLAY TO OUTPLAY
Master the Rift and earn your legend with dynamic champs and ever-changing strats. Each game is a chance to land the perfect skill shot, turn the tides in a crazy team fight, or pull off that sweet, sweet pentakill.
COMPETE WITH FRIENDS
Teamwork makes the dream work in this mobile MOBA. Whether you’re a duo, trio, or full five-stack, you can queue up with your squad and climb the ladder one enemy Nexus at a time.
CHOOSE YOUR CHAMPION
Dunk on the competition with a giant sword, freeze enemies in their tracks with a cross-the-map ice arrow, or lure opponents to their doom with a mesmerizing charm. Whatever you want your legend to be, there’s a champ for you.
FAIR AND FREE TO PLAY
Face off in matches balanced for skill level as well as party size. All champions can be earned for free in Wild Rift, and there’s no paying for playtime or power. Ever.”
Company: Riot Games
Offers in-app Purchases
League of Legends: Wild Rift has a gameplay split into four parts. They are:
- Spawning Platform – Heal and buy items with gold to grow more powerful
- Lanes – Defend your turrets and push forward against the enemy
- Nexus – Destroy the enemy nexus to achieve victory
- Turrets – Destroying turrets grants gold and access to the enemy nexus
League of Legends: Wild Rift offers the same ability system as Lol PC but with a mobile control layout. the gameplay is still 5v5 action, but with a bit of a mobile twist to it. The map is smaller, abilities are cast with dual-stick controls, and match times are reduced to a mobile-friendly 15 minutes. So if you’re not a fan of how long regular LoL games are, this might be a better option for you.
The graphics are not far off LoL PC, in fact, I’d go as far as to say they’re better. I loved the map styles along with the detailed champions and skins. This game is definitely detailed, and I should hope so by how much space it takes up!
Music & Sounds
The music and sounds fit in perfectly with the theme of the game. With the sound of magical attacks and defense, along with champions speaking their phases, it all works really well together.
The controls can become slightly overwhelming at times, with the number of attacks on the right-hand side of the screen and the left with the joystick and map. It’s interesting how Riot Games have developed the game to work with mobile controls.
The Power of in-app Purchases
- 525 Wild Cores for £4.99
- 1100 Wild Cores for £9.99
- 2250 Wild Cores for £19.99
- 4000 Wild Cores for £34.99
- 5800 Wild Cores for £49.99
- 12000 Wild Cores for £99.99
- Lulu Release Set for 2,077 Wild Cores
- Eternal Sword Yi for 990 Wild Cores
- Soaring Sword Flora for 990 Wild Cores
- Bullet Angel Kai’Sa for 990 Wild Cores
- Tango Evelynn for 525 Wild Cores
- Headhunter Akali for 990 Wild Cores
There are many champions available, here are a few examples:
- Lux for 5,500 Blue Motes and 725 Wild Cores
- Vayne for 5,500 Blue Motes and 725 Wild Cores
- Olaf for 5,500 Blue Motes and 725 Wild Cores
- Singed for 5,500 Blue Motes and 725 Wild Cores
A few examples of skins available:
- Steel Legion Garen for 990 Wild Cores
- Dragonslayer Vayne for 725 Wild Cores
- Gothic Orianna for 525 Wild Cores
- Dark Cosmic Jhin for 1,325 Wild Cores
Shop rotation – refreshes every 24 days.
- Poro Chest for 200 Wild Cores
- Confident Red Riding Annie Pose for 400 Wild Cores
- Carefree Order of the Banana Soraka Pose for 400 Wild Cores
Overall, I enjoyed playing League of Legends: Wild Rift. However, I don’t think I’ll be keeping it on my phone due to how large it is. There are other similar games on the app store that don’t take anywhere near as much of my memory space so I’d rather play those.
If you’re someone who has never given League of Legends a try before, this is a great starting point to dip your toe into the water.
If you decide to download League of Legends: Wild Rift, let us know what you thought and if you agree or disagree with any of the things we said. Happy gaming and stay casual!
League of Legends: Wild Rift Overall Rating: 3/5
Company: Riot Games
Offers in-app Purchases