Cook To The Beat Review!

“Cook to The Beat is a culinary-themed rhythm game where you tap to the music to create a variety of dishes each with its own original soundtrack. Chop, season and tenderize to the rhythm to build up your combo and make the whole kitchen into a dance party! (Disco Ball Included)

Collect and customize your very own animal chefs with wacky Aprons & Hats!

Master the Dishes and rise through the Chef Ranks to become the very best Chef like no one ever was!

Features:

– Easy to Learn, Addictive Gameplay

– In-o-Beat-Ive Rhythm Controls

– Original Soundtracks

– Progress through levels, and unlock more dishes and items

– Collectible Skins”

iOS Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cook-to-the-beat/id1464393669

Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Raccoopack.cooktothebeat&hl=en

Company: Raccoopack Studios Inc.

Genre: Cooking Games, Music

Rated: 4+

Offers in-app Purchases


Signup for GameFly to get the latest PS4, Xbox, & Nintendo Switch games!

Gameplay

Chop in time to the music!

Cook To The Beat brings cooking and music games together as one where you have to simply tap in time to the music. Tap the food that go across the conveyer belt at the same time as the beats of the music to score points.

The first chef you get to be is a sloth, which I thought was really cute. Seeing as there’s a ‘choose your chef’ option, I can only assume you’ll be able to unlock more characters in the future.

Graphics

The graphics remind me of Cooking Mama!

If you remember Cooking Mama, you’ll like the graphics for Cook To The Beat as they are pretty similar. Even the layout is very similar. They’re cartoon-like, colorful, move smoothly and each character involved has a unique look about them. There are absolutely no complaints on how it looks visually, so well done, Raccoopack.

Music & Sounds

Although Cook To The Beat is a game essentially based around music, I wasn’t actually a fan of the music included. Like other music-themed games I’ve played, I was hoping there was an option to download your own music, or at least have a few songs that were real. But all the songs involved were made up, repetitive, and boring.

Controls

Control by tapping!

The controls are the base of the game. As I said, you have to tap to chop the food in time to the music – but it’s not as easy as that. If there’s left half of the food, you tap the left, and vice versa. In some cases, you also have to tap on both sides at the same time or tap any area of the screen as fast as you can.


Gamefly Mobile Ad

The Power of in-app Purchases

Purchase chef coins from the store!

From the store, which unlocks on level 8, you can purchase picnic baskets, energy packs, and chef coins.

  • Classic Picnic Basket – 90% chance of common item, 10% of rare item and guaranteed 5-20 energy for 40 chef coins
  • Premium Picnic Basket – 90% chance of rare item, 10% chance of epic item and guaranteed 2 common items for 240 chef coins
  • x20 energy pack for 40 chef coins
  • 120 chef coins for $0.99
  • 280 chef coins for $1.99
  • 820 chef coins for $4.99
  • 1920 chef coins for $9.99
  • 4360 chef coins for $19.99

The Verdict

What did you think of Cook To The Beat?

Cook To The Beat is very unique, I’ll give it that, but it wasn’t for me. I found myself getting annoyed at the repetitive music and not getting the hang of the controls. Before you play, you have to calibrate the controls yourself and it’s really easy to mess up. Apart from that, I enjoy how it looks visually.

If you decide to download Cook To The Beat, let us know what you think and if you agree or disagree with the things we said. Happy gaming and stay casual!


Cook To The Beat Overall Rating: 3/5

iOS Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cook-to-the-beat/id1464393669

Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Raccoopack.cooktothebeat&hl=en

Company: Raccoopack Studios Inc.

Genre: Cooking Games, Music

Rated: 4+

Offers in-app Purchases

About Post Author

By Phoebe Ruberto

Hey! I’m Phoebe and I’m one of the contributors on The Casual App Gamer. I’ve been gaming since the moment I could hold a controller and my first memory was playing Sonic The Hedgehog 2 on the PlayStation 2 with my siblings. Happy gaming and I hope you enjoy the reviews!