Can You Play Spider Solitaire With No Regard For Its Rules? Find Out!
The Casual App Gamer has reviewed various Solitaire games. Spider Solitaire is one of the most well-admired and widespread variations of the classic game of Solitaire. Microsoft introduced the game, and over the years, it has continued to be a great source of entertainment for people from various walks of life. The game’s undying popularity attracted the attention of the online game makers, and today, it is the most universally played card game on the Internet.
The game’s objective is easy to understand. First, players need to assemble the thirteen cards in descending order according to the suit. Then, the completed set must be transferred to the foundation pile to earn points. However, the game isn’t without its share of challenges. In the online world, the single-player game has turned into a multiplayer one, and you can compete with players from across the globe. Previously, it was a game of patience, and you could spend hours solving the puzzle. However, the game features a countdown timer in the modern era, and you need to finish assembling the cards within three minutes.
Now, to answer the question of whether you can play Spider Solitaire with no regard for its rules, it is a resounding no. Spider Solitaire is a card game with specific rules like any other game. You cannot break the rules and hope to complete the game. For instance, if you play four-suit Spider Solitaire, you must arrange the cards according to their suit and color. You cannot place cards anywhere and hope to create a relevant set. Also, only the upward-facing cards can be moved during the game. The rest of the cards are covered, and they are not brought into play unless you have uncovered them. Moreover, the finished cards must be transferred to the foundation pile to earn points. If you don’t transfer it, you won’t earn any points.
Therefore, studying the rules and getting yourself acquainted with the Spider Solitaire strategy is crucial to have the upper hand over your opponents. Read along to know what’s required to become a Spider Solitaire champion.
Playing Spider Solitaire: The Game Set-Up
The game’s set-up is an integral part of Spider Solitaire. The game is played with a standard deck of cards, and jokers are typically not used. The cards are dealt in rows with ten piles consisting of five cards, and the top cards are upward-facing ones.
The cards are shuffled in online Spider Solitaire games, and tableaus are created. A stockpile allows players to draw more cards when they run out of potential moves. The game board consists of the foundation pile to transfer the relevant sets to score points. You will also see the undo and submit buttons. The undo button is for going back one step and rectifying a wrong move, and the submit button is for quitting the game early to earn the timer bonus. If you wonder why it is because all Spider Solitaire games are not winnable.
Spider Solitaire Rules: All Variants
Different variations of Spider Solitaire are available, but the primary rules remain the same. The different versions differ in their difficulty level.
- The four-suit variant: It is the most difficult variant. In this version, players can place a single card on a different pile of cards if the card has one less value. You must assemble the cards descendingly, and you need to pay attention to the card’s suit.
- The two-suit variant: The two-suit version is slightly less intimidating than the four-suit version. It is also the most common variant on computers. The game is played with two standard decks of cards, and all the red cards belong to one suit while the black cards belong to another suit. The cards must be arranged quickly and transferred to the foundation pile. The rest of the rules are similar to the four-suit version.
- One-suit variant: It is the easiest version of Spider Solitaire, and all the cards belong to the same suit. It is played with a standard deck of cards. You must arrange the cards descendingly, and this version is quite relaxing. This version is most popular in the online gaming world because the cards can be quickly arranged.
Now that you know the game’s rules, it is time to focus on learning the tactics that will augment your winning chances.
Winning Spider Solitaire: Helpful Tips
- Quickly empty columns: You need to arrange cards to empty columns quickly. The empty columns are used as temporary storage when rearranging the cards to get them correctly.
- Move Kings to the empty columns: If there are empty columns, you can move Kings because they cannot be placed on other cards.
- Try eliminating a column quickly: After fully arranging the cards from King to Ace, you can transfer them to the foundation pile. It will help you empty a column and give you space to use the column as temporary storage.
- Expose the hidden cards as early as possible: It means creating a new set of possible moves when you expose the hidden cards. Uncovering these cards means you are working towards emptying the columns.
- Wait as long as you can to deal more cards: Even though the stockpile is there to draw new cards, you must wait to draw new cards. You must ensure you have exhausted all the possible moves before clicking the stockpile. Also, use the empty columns before drawing new cards.
So, these are some things you need to know to become an expert in playing Spider Solitaire.